Fee Earners - Residential Property
We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But, we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team, working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs.
Whichever team you join, working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things, and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
The work we do has been recognised in the awards we’ve won. We’re committed to being even better, and our awards help to show we’re on the right track.
We recognise that the office 9-5 isn’t for everyone. That’s why we’ve introduced ‘Flexible by Choice’. Whether it’s working from home, in our offices, or a combination of the both, we trust each other to support our clients, colleagues and communities at the right time, in the right way.
Our Sheffield team have expertise in all aspects of Residential Conveyancing, including sales, purchases, re-mortgages, transfer of equity and equity release, company buy to let, as well as employee relocations, Court of Protection matters, shared ownership and complex title transactions.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced fee earner to join our growing Sheffield Residential Property Team. We would consider applications from qualified Solicitors, Licensed Conveyancers or Legal Executives. Working as part of a large friendly team, you will have the opportunity to work on a range of high quality transactions and would be supported by an assistant with your caseload. As the work is varied and complex in nature, this would be an ideal opportunity for an experienced candidate looking to focus on high quality work, rather than a volume based role.
What we'll need from you
- Proven experience of fee earning within a residential property team
- Excellent IT skills and willingness to assist with change management as we upgrade our systems and further integrate the National team.
- Enthusiasm for marketing yourself and the team.
- Experience of complex title transactions
- Exceptional client care skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience of line manager responsibilities; coaching and mentoring, holding appraisals and performance reviews and delegating work on a daily basis
- Ability to role model technical knowledge and behaviours to the team
We’re proud of our values, and we’re looking for people who share them:
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook
- To be approachable and caring
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives
- To be efficient in the provision of our services
- To work with a foundation of integrity.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application.
What we can offer you
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.
We welcome applications from all diversity groups and backgrounds. We’re committed to enabling everyone to thrive and understanding and celebrating our differences is a key part of that. We’re proud of our work on the Disability Confident scheme, on the Race At Work Charter and as Stonewall Diversity Champions. We also have a range of networks for LGBT+, disability, generations, gender, social mobility, ethnicity, faith and culture to celebrate our people and to enable everyone to thrive.
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group’s on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our legal experts understand your challenges and strategic goals. That’s the human touch that matters.