We seek to hire an experienced Legal Secretary to support the Partners in the conveyancing department.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5.30 pm.
The role is to provide direct support to the partner for optimum efficiency. This includes but is not limited to the primary responsibilities given below. A high degree of self-management and initiative is expected.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing
- To administer daily filing, which includes the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files per the detailed procedures in the office manual.
- Preparation of mail for despatch
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary for the fee earner(s)
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and courteous manner
- To provide support to other secretaries as required
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client's documentation and information
- Complying at all times with the detailed procedures contained in the firm’s manual
- Ensure that any changes to the firm’s manual or changes in practice are understood and applied with immediate effect of such changes.
- To work as part of the team and be included in rota’s relating to general office duties, which can consist of covering reception
- Undertake general office duties, e.g. photocopying and faxing
- To do all such things which are, in the reasonable opinion of the firm, ancillary, necessary and conducive to the role and responsibilities outlined above.
- Strong academics, including English Language and Mathematics.
Experience and Skills:
- At least five years of experience in a partner/senior legal secretarial role.
- Fully conversant with conveyancing, both commercial & residential, as well as an understanding of company commercial work.
- Able to monitor and organise their workload
- 80+wpm with 85-95% accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- IT literate in MS Office, in particular Word and Outlook.
- Preferably knowledge of ALB case management or similar; Laserforms; InfoTrack; Searchflow; Dropbox and Bighand audio dictation
- Team player.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic, conscientious and proactive approach.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Curry Popeck, we take pride in the efficient and expert service that we provide to clients