Salary based on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the firm by providing legal assistance to Conveyancers and clients.
- Dealing with the Land Registry, Mortgage Lenders and other relevant parties including, but not limited to, Requisitions.
- To assist Conveyancers in the management of their caseload by undertaking legal procedures as supervised by the Conveyancer.
- To assist Conveyancers with file related queries, either by telephone or face-to-face, ensuring client service levels and client standards are always adhered to.
- To ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently and politely and that appropriate legal matters are raised with the Conveyancer.
- To attend to clients, taking instructions, and conducting letter and telephone enquiries as necessary.
- To progress cases on a timely and effective basis in accordance with professional standards, internal procedures, key dates and milestones.
- Updating the case management system/client systems as appropriate to ensure compliance.
- Undertaking training as appropriate.
The Ideal Conveyancing Assistant Candidate will have:
- Experience as a legal secretary, paralegal or at assistant level in a Residential Conveyancing Department.
- A pro-active approach and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Empathy for people from all walks of life and ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Excellent organisational and communicational skills, with a proven ability of working to deadlines and prioritising your workload.
- Good IT skills, preferably with experience on case management systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A positive and friendly manner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Alexander JLO Solicitors, established in 1975, are a renowned legal team based in Canary Wharf, London