LEGAL SECRETARY / PARALEGAL RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING
The role is based in central St Albans.
Bretherton Law has been serving the people of Hertfordshire for over fifty years. The firm deals with a range of residential and commercial conveyancing matters including the sale and purchase of properties, remortgaging and the acquisition and disposal of land, plots and units. We hold CQS and Lexcel accreditations.
This full-time role consists of administrative and secretarial support including:
- filing and processing correspondence and forms;
- administrative duties, including opening and closing files, photocopying, inputting data and updating information on the firm’s case-management system;
- organising diaries;
- speaking to clients and agents on the phone;
- drafting Contract packs;
- setting up files for completion including drafting straightforward TR1s, applying for Land Registry and Land Charges searches;
- completing AP1s and submitting applications through the Land Registry portal;
- assisting with billing;
- some audio and copy-typing letters, emails and documents;
- and dealing with any other tasks arising on files as necessary.
Additionally, the secretary/paralegal will be required to provide ad-hoc assistance to other solicitors within the department and firm and to assist with covering Reception/the phones when needed.
The successful applicant will:
– be an experienced Residential Property secretary or paralegal;
– be able to work independently and as part of the team where necessary;
– be a confident communicator, able to build and maintain relationships with clients;
– be enthusiastic, dedicated and flexible;
– be happy and able to help in other roles in the firm when required, such as helping out on Reception or supporting and assisting colleagues; and
– be focussed on delivering a high quality and timely service to clients.
If you meet these requirements and would be interested in joining our team then please email your CV and covering letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Serving St Albans and the surrounding areas for over 50 years.