Legal Assistant - Conveyancing Department
Legal Assistant Vacancy – Conveyancing Department
Rowberry Morris are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to join our Conveyancing Department based in our Staines office.
- Computer skills including using Microsoft Windows/Word, any experience using case management systems would be advantageous
- Ability to prioritise work, function efficiently under pressure and remain calm and professional
- Ability to work to set deadlines and produce accurate work
- File management skills
- Diarising key dates/actions is vital and ensuring they are followed up to satisfactory completion of the date/action
- Ability to demonstrate and implement initiative when working on files
- Enthusiasm and a positive “can do” attitude, with a willingness to continued learning and development
- Preparation of correspondence and documents using audio word processing and digital dictation
- Opening files, conflict checks, and closing files
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining diaries
- Supporting departments and junior secretaries
- Assisting accounts staff in generating bills in a timely manner and monitoring payment
- Preparation and dispatch of post, emails and faxes with relevant enclosures
- Assisting fee earners with post-exchange, pre-completion, completion and post-completion matters on residential and commercial property files, including but not limited to the following:
- Sending out exchanged Contracts on residential and commercial property matters.
- Ordering OS1 and OS2 searches and reporting any issues to the fee earners.
- Carrying out bankruptcy searches and flagging any issues to the fee earners.
- Preparing completion statements on a range of residential and commercial matters.
- Issuing and serving notice on Managing Agents, Landlords and Management Company’s.
- Managing completions and informing clients, agents and solicitors once completion has taken place.
- Putting various indemnity policies on risk and sending to clients following completion.
- Dealing with client balances and returning funds to client.
- Preparing account forms to send payments such as purchase funds, agents’ invoices, stamp duty and land tax.
- Dealing with registrations of residential and commercial property files at the Land Registry.
- Dealing with any incoming requisitions from the Land Registry.
Salary is competitive and dependant on experience.
Applicants with a commute over thirty minutes will not be reviewed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Rowberry Morris is a very well established firm of solicitors. From our offices in Reading, Staines, Tadley and Richmond we provide good value and fri...