Conveayancing Supervisor - Non Fee Earning
Conveyancing Supervisor - Academy
The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
- Job Title: Conveyancing Supervisor - Academy
- Job Type: Permanent, Full time
- Location: Newport, South Wales
- Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00
- Reports to: Academy Director
To tutor, train and assess trainees to achieve in a work-based environment. The Academy Conveyancing Supervisor is pivotal in the day-to-day operations of the Trainee Conveyancer Academy, and accordingly will need to exercise supervision over; training, file management, auditing, legal advice, client service, and personnel, enabling Trainee Conveyancers to accomplish company objectives by training and supervising new team members to reach a required benchmark as set out by the Head of Department. The ideal person for this role will be a Licensed Conveyancer who has qualified through the CLC route or cross-qualified via CILEX and is eager to develop their skills outside of the fee-earning role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving individual and cohort targets for performance and learning.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing technical/legal support and guidance to the individuals within the Cohort.
- To manage case capacities within the team and escalate issues to Senior Management without delay
- Working with the Learning & Development Manager to ensure that each individual has a tailored Training Plan with key training targets agreed/achieved within defined timescales.
- Ensuring that the individuals within their Cohort comply with all Convey Law practices and policies and are working effectively.
- To provide training on all aspects of the junior conveyancing process to include Searches, Sale Enquiries, Title Checking, Exchange, and Completion.
- Providing employees and learners with prompt, accurate, and constructive written feedback.
- Maintaining high staff morale and engagement with each other and the collective company objectives – leading by example, being an exemplary role model, and providing a positive outlook at all times.
- Provide quality service by instilling and displaying Convey Law values in every communication you are part of.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring Convey Law policies are followed, but also by identifying wellbeing issues that may be affecting your cohort.
- Identifying and resolving workplace issues that may arise.
- Manage your own continuous professional development by undertaking training or activities.
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Tools and Support to Succeed
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are not like the rest, we are simply better.