The description below describes the nature of the role and is not limited to the tasks set out. The individual may be required to provide additional support when requested.
- Job Title: Conveyancer
- Job Type: Permanent, Full time
- Location: Work from home
- Salary: £25,000.00 to £45,000.00
- Reports to: Legal Director
To support the Head of Department in the provision of legal services by providing Conveyancing legal advice and assistance to clients. Due to continued success and planned growth, we are recruiting for exceptional and driven experienced conveyancers committed to building a rewarding career within an innovative, award-winning and industry-leading residential conveyancing company based in Newport, South Wales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full responsibility for the management of their team and caseload in accordance with best practice and in order to ensure the achievement of our Key Targets, i.e. Client Service, Completions, Timelines, and Average Costs.
- Comply with all Convey Law policies and procedures.
- Taking full responsibility and supervising all work undertaken in the teams and reviewing all work undertaken by the background teams
- Make contact with the branch manager of each Introducer at least twice per month in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Undertake and complete the Tuesday Updates Procedure in accordance with Convey Law Requirements.
- Ensure all telephone calls are returned within 2 hours of receipt wherever possible or at the latest, prior to close of business on each working day.
- Verifying client identification and anti-fraud procedures in accordance with the Convey Law Money Laundering Policy guidelines.
- To provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to Introducers and prospective clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested
- Undertake a full file review of all live files at least once a month.
- Ensure that all checklist protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure that any complaints are dealt with in accordance with the Convey Law Complaints Procedure.
- Undertake and complete the Projected Completions Procedure in accordance with Convey Law requirements.
- Review and update the Case Status of each live file within the seven-day requirement.
- Ensure that all incoming mail is actioned and dealt with within 48 hours of receipt wherever possible.
- Hold regular meetings with team members in order to review the progress of the team.
- Undertake the role of a Conveyancer with due diligence at all times and ensure that the best interests of the client, any mortgage lender and Convey Law are adequately protected.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To process cases on a timely and cost-effective basis and in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements.
- To ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and Introducers.
- To achieve all individual financial costs targets.
- To maximize the firm’s potential to cross-sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- To lead and supervise the team by providing coaching and support as required.
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards and legal requirements.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity, and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting priorities and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff of all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude including a willingness to help others within the company.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
- Able to identify a problem arising and can develop a solution or take the correct course of action.
- Knows when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action.
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Looks for new solutions to problems as well as tried and tested methods.
- Able to communicate to colleagues in writing in a clear, constructive, and professional way.
- Communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice.
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions.
- Excellent customer communication skills including the ability to resolve complaints or escalations.
- Salary packages, Appraisals, and Reviews
- Flexible Working Hours
- Subsidised Parking
- Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Subsidised Conveyancing
- Recognition and Awards
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Celebrations and Additional Time Off
- Support with Charity Fundraising
- Social Funds for Staff Parties
- Industry Leading Training and Development
- Mentoring, Coaching and Teamwork
Health and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Training and Guidance
- Holiday Cover
- Individual Counselling
- Workload Management
- Stress Busing and Pampering
- Back to Work Private Healthcare
- Time Away From work
- Exercise and Fitness
- Great Environment
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Tools and Support to Succeed
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are not like the rest, we are simply better.