Experienced Residential Conveyancing Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
Department: Residential Property.
Location: Huddersfield Office.
Vacancy Type: Full Time, Permanent.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced residential conveyancing assistant to join our growing business, based in Huddersfield.
The successful candidate will provide cost effective support to the partner and other legal advisers in the team and the work of the department. The conveyancing assistant is expected to use a significant degree of self-management and initiative and is expected to work as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with client work as allocated by the partner in charge of the residential property team in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s office manual
- To be responsible for updating and costing of client files in accordance with agreed office procedures
- To manage files under the supervision of a fee earner
- To open new files in accordance with procedure set out in the office manual
- To work closely with fee earners in the general conduct of cases including filing, typing and photocopying when required
- To make appointments, arrange meetings for solicitors and legal advisors in the property team
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Dealing with exchange of contracts
- Speaking with estate agents
- Communicating with and updating solicitors
Person specification – key skills/qualifications required:
- Experience of conveyancing procedures
- Computer skills
Application deadline: 28/04/2022
NO AGENCY INVOLVEMENT REQUIRED
Your application has been successfully submitted.