Paralegal, Real Estate - Residential Conveyancing
This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Residential Conveyancing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal with previous prime residential conveyancing experience to join our well regarded Real Estate department.
The Residential Conveyancing team deals with all aspects of prime residential property work including acquisitions and sales of freehold and leasehold properties, lease extension, and acting for overseas investors and trust companies in connection with purchases and sales, with a focus on the prime and super-prime central London market. It is supported by a dedicated, standalone Post Completions team.
Your role will involve a number of responsibilities including: providing administrative assistance for a variety of tasks, research tasks, communicating with third parties (written and verbal), the completion and processing of legal forms and documents, and supporting with preparation for client meetings.
- Manage conveyancing files from end to end.
- Scan in all incoming post to the case management file.
- Produce standard completion letters and documents where applicable.
- Receive files from the lawyers within the department prior to completion to set the matter up to complete.
- Prepare draft bills in readiness for completion.
- Coordinate the registration of the properties at the Land Registry either electronically or manually through the DX system of all applications for registration.
- Manage any necessary notices that need to be given to any third parties such as landlords.
- Diarise deadlines and timescales whilst in control of the file.
- Check registrations on their return from HM Land Registry.
- Send copies of the deeds to the clients on completion.
- Manage any client balances on the file.
- Prepare files for completion and dealing with completion formalities.
- Manage general enquiries from clients and agents.
- Assist with admin support when required.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a high performing Residential Conveyancing team within private practice.
- Experience of managing own caseload with minimum supervision/oversight.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, HNW clients and agents at all levels.
- Sound judgement, with the ability to use your own initiative, taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate.
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail, with a high standard of accuracy and the ability to deliver to demanding deadlines.
- A sound understanding of client confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience of time recording using Elite or a similar billing system.
- Experience of using Filesite or a similar document management system.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Introductory Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice to entrepreneurial businesses and individuals on domestic and international matters.
We have grown substantially in recent years, including two mergers and an office move. We’ve also matured in terms of our approach to providing advice to our clients, seeking to simplify and improve the experience of working with a modern, independent law firm.
We’re proud of our journey. Without losing sight of where we’ve come from, we are focused on where we’re going. We are evolving and growing every day. And just like our clients, we are ambitious and moving forward. Many of our clients are entrepreneurial, ambitious enterprises who are often privately or family owned, or private equity backed. We are one of the only London based law firms with a large private wealth offering alongside significant business law capability.
The firm also advises major corporates on particular specialist legal matters who find our straightforward approach a compelling alternative to larger, less personal firms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a London based, full-service law firm, specialising in providing straightforward advice for ambitious clients.