Residential Property Legal Secretary
This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
We are looking for an experienced Legal secretary to join our Residential Property Team based at our York office.
Our busy Residential Property department specialises in numerous transactions including: sales and purchases ,transfer of equity, re-mortgages, planning and boundary enquires and investment property. This role will provide a high level of support to the Fee Earners and will assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times, ensuring that business objectives are achieved.
The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative with a proven ability to provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Legal Advisers and team to ensure achievement of business objectives and assist in the provision of an efficient, personal and professional service at all times.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio and copy typing, ensuring that such correspondence and documents are checked for errors before passing to Legal Adviser.
- To administer filing in correct dated order and on a timely basis. This will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Procedures Manual and Departmental Guidelines.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book meeting rooms and to maintain an up-to-date diary for the Legal Adviser.
- To provide support and guidance to other secretaries as required and at all times work as a team player.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide assistance in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience working in a similar role is essential with experience in the area of Residential Property
- Experience in audio and copy typing
- Experience of use of IT systems; digital dictation, case management, MS Word and Outlook
- Ability to work with initiative and minimum supervision
- ‘Can Do’ and flexible approach and team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the phone
- Integrity to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Crombie Wilkinson is one of North Yorkshire's largest and most long-established firms. First established in the 1800s and in its current form in 1991, the firm now has offices in York, Selby, Malton and Pickering we are uniquely placed to serve the region with a comprehensive and high-quality legal service and we place much importance on our local knowledge, as well as our speedy and personal service and our down to earth approach.
We are an ambitious firm, with a set of values which are very important to us. These are Client Centered, Continuous Improvement, Citizenship and Community Focus. We have high standards of client care, and we offer a service pledge to all our clients.
We are also passionate about developing our people and have a transparent career progression structure which is open to everyone in the firm. Anyone who is ambitious, successful and keen to progress can apply for a promotion which is measured against a set of published criteria. These applications are invited each year. In addition, we are both Lexcel and Investors in People accredited.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – which includes 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) per year, career progression opportunities, health cash plan, death in service scheme and generous staff discounts.
We provide a fully supportive background to your Continuous Professional Development within a friendly team environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialist legal services for business & private clients in North Yorks. Offices in York, Selby, Malton and Pickering.