This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
Wright & Lord are looking for Legal Secretaries/Assistant to work in our Conveyancing Department. Previous legal experience would be preferred but is not essential. Full training will be given.
Closing date : 08/10/2021
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Trained in secretarial practice.
- Excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills.
- Preferably previous experience as a legal assistant or experience of working in an alternative professional office.
- The prime role of the Legal Secretary/Assistant is to provide direct support to his/her Principal. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Legal Secretary/Assistant is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through autonomous working, initiative and familiarity with the client matter and relevant law and/or procedure, research, audio-typing and/or shorthand and word processing.
- To administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal.
- To provide support to other secretaries and assistants as required.
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Operating since 2001,Wright & Lord is a firm of solicitors dedicated to helping the people and businesses of the Morecambe Bay area, Furness and South...