This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
A new opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Conveyancer to join our highly reputable residential property team based in Chelmsford. The right candidate will have experience of residential property law, conveyancing and related matters. You will be working directly with Liz Searl and Catie Edwards (Directors) and their conveyancing team and support staff, a very experienced group who are passionate about helping each other develop and improve.
- A good knowledge of conveyancing and running your own caseload from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- An excellent communicator
- You gain job satisfaction from providing the highest level of client service
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to win new clients
- A passion for networking
- A hard worker who wants to develop their legal career and progress quickly
- Always willing to learn and try new things
- Trustworthy and professional
- A team player willing to help out colleagues
About the Role
- You will deal effectively with clients and third parties over the telephone, in written correspondence and occasionally face to face, in order to provide advice and assistance
- You will be responsible for chasing various documentation, ID, mortgage offers and searches
- Proactive updates to the client regarding their transaction, contract checks, mortgage reports and search results checking, replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries
- Dealing with freehold, leasehold, re-mortgages, transfer of equity, right to buy, shared ownership and new plot purchases
- Dealing with the exchange of contracts and completion of purchases
- Assist in growing the Backhouse business – working with the rest of the team to develop new opportunities and communicating our message to attract new clients. This will range from writing articles for the website and publications to attending business networking events and even speaking to a room full of people if you have the skill.
- Working with the management team to decide on the future direction of the firm and getting involved with making it happen
We assist our clients with expert, commercially minded and great value advice. We are a small and friendly team who work hard to get the job done. We support each other to solve problems and every member of the team has a say in how we work and how we can make things better.
It goes without saying that as a Solicitors practice, we have high professional standards to meet and we expect the highest ethical standard from all our team.
- Professional training and personal development courses as needed
- Friendly working environment
- Team lunches
- Always an unhealthy amount of cake in the office kitchen
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Legal advice from friendly, approachable experts in services for Business and Individuals