Residential Conveyancing/Commercial Secretary
This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
Required in this firm’s busy Residential Conveyancing/Commercial Department – full time, 5 days per week
Current Vacancy : Residential Conveyancing/Commercial Secretary
Location: Carter Bells LLP Solicitors, Kings’ Stone House, 12 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1HD
Our firm: We are an established firm of solicitors in Kingston upon Thames, having six partners and over twenty support staff including solicitors. The firm is organised into four divisions:- litigation; private client (probate and estates); residential conveyancing and commercial. Carter Bells holds ISO9001 accreditation.
The role: Primarily working one-to-one to support our Head of Residential Conveyancing, the suitable applicant will also be expected to support the team where necessary. Occasionally support may be needed in other areas in the firm depending on requirements.
We are looking for a candidate with 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
The candidate must:
- have strong administration and organisation skills
- be able to prioritise work load and work under pressure when the need arises
- have good communication skills to liaise with others parties involved in the process by email and telephone
- be able to deal with all pre-completion and post-completion matters including population and registration of applications to Land Registry, dealing with Land Registry Requisitions and preparation and submission of basic SDLT returns on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Type letters, documents, completion statements on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- be proficient in Microsoft Word for document production, type using audio dictation, approximate typing speed expected: 65 wpm
- be able to manage e-mails and electronic diary through Outlook
- follow the firm’s procedures
Familiarity with LMS and Lender Exchange would also be useful.
Hours required are 37.5 a week normally between 9am to 5.30pm with one hour for lunch. Salary at appropriate rate to be discussed and agreed. Salary is paid monthly on the 25th of each month or on the next working date. Holiday entitlement is four weeks, to be taken at dates to be agreed, plus normal public and bank holiday days.
Applications: In writing with current CV to:
or by post to Frank Horder, Carter Bells LLP, Kings’ Stone House, 12 High Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1HD
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Solicitors for your home, your family, your business