This job is no longer accepting applications. 😥
Stirling & Gilmour are a long-established firm of Solicitors and are currently accepting applications for a Legal Secretary within our Alexandria office.
To be considered for the position, the successful applicant should have experience of working in a busy legal practice, with emphasis on Conveyancing and Executry administration. Applicants must have an all-round knowledge of the workings of a legal office, good communication skills together with good organisational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Salary will be subject to level of experience.
- Type digitally dictated and other documents with accuracy and attention to detail, meeting all reasonable deadlines
- Deal with client enquiries on a daily basis, including answering basic queries, taking messages or redirecting as necessary.
- Liaise with partners regarding progress, completion and issues of workflow. Ensure compliance with the workflow process and procedures.
- Carry out administrative tasks based on a broad understanding of relevant policies or operational requirements, e.g. open files, filing, file closure, event organisation, land certificates, court papers, Deeds Registration, Power of Attorney Registrations etc.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of both the department and the firm, e.g. assisting other departments with digital dictation as appropriate.
- Adhere to Stirling & Gilmour policies and procedures and Law Society of Scotland Regulations, including Money Laundering Regulations.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of working on Conveyancing and Executry administration in a busy legal practice.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organisational and communication skills and able to work to tight deadlines.
- A good operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and an ability to plan and prioritise one's own work.
- Accurate and timely digital typing skills essential
- Good telephone manner
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development
Your application has been successfully submitted.